Friday, February 25, 2011

Superstitious

Are you superstitious?
I am...
In some things

I have no problem opening an umbrella indoors...
I don't knock on wood for good luck
and while tossing salt over the shoulder is fun...I don't its messy

But there are some things I tend to be superstitious about...
but only because it always seems to happen.

Deaths always seem to come in 3s
This week there have been 3
Thankfully and selfishly, they weren't close to me
but I had some distant connection...

After I learned of the 2nd one I knew there would be a third..

I hate that

In less serious areas
In volleyball I won't look at the server on my team while they are serving
I'm convinced if I look they will miss the serve...

If I'm on a winning streak in a table game I always sit in the same place
deal the same way...

There are other ways...
It just comes from experience
I'm proven wrong from time to time...

How about you?  Do you have any superstitions?

Frychik

1 comment:

  1. I am going to try this again. I don't talk about it when the phones at work are slow cuz if I do, they go crazy !! I also didn't talk about it when it was slow in L&D when I worked there, cuz if I did, people would start walking in! I know I don't really have the power over the universe like that, but it sure does seem to change things up when I mention it!

    ReplyDelete