Thursday, February 17, 2011

The end of an era....

For the past 6 years I have had the opportunity to be with my boys on Winter Sports Days...
Which means for the past 6 years I have been driving up to Meadows to ski for 5 Wednesdays during Winter quarter...
Yes, sometimes there are perks to being a parent with a P/T job or no job....

This year, Jeff was also able to go every time which made it especially fun.

Yesterday I decided to take some pics to document the routine we have developed over the years...


First we leave early...
6:45 am
This is the hardest part

Then we stop at Burger King and drop off the boys for a carbo load...

Then we drive across the street and get our own nourishment


I love my Chai before a day of skiing!

We always have a car load up to the mountain...

The roads have been easy this year!  I've never had much trouble...

The boys gearing up...

We have had "bluebird" conditions each week.  Yesterday we had powder :)

This is the area I have sat at for lunch for the past 6 years...
I like a room with a view!

As fast as we can we get out there and make first tracks...
Always my favorite part of the day...

I was really thankful I didn't drop my camera since we are on a chairlift...

The snow was perfect!

It would snow and then the sun would peak out and then snow again...


In 6 years of skiing neither of my boys ever had a serious injury for which I'm thankful...
I was hit by a boarder and back boarded off the mountain a few years ago
Jeff landed on his head and knocked himself out and was crazy for about 24 hrs...
Jeff now has an excuse every time he messes up...he tells me he had a head injury and he can't help it...
Bottom line, it has been an awesome experience and I will miss it!

Then I left me camera in my pocket and forgot to document the journey home...
On the last ski day there is always a stop at Dairy Queen.

On every other ski day we always stop at the Taco Bell in Sandy...
The boys are starving and I don't want to cook after a day of skiing (well, I don't ever really WANT to cook)
Then we are usually home by 7...

Last night we made it in time to see the Guy Kodiaks win again!  They are undefeated and we are very proud of them as they move up in their league...If things go well for both our guys and girls teams in Centralia this weekend they will be headed to the State Playoffs in Spokane first weekend of March!

Oh, and I have to mention the fact that it snowed about 2 inches at my house yesterday...
at least that is what I was told since I wasn't here to see it and it was all gone by the time I got back...
People say they were the biggest flakes they have ever seen....
sigh...

Frychik




2 comments:

  1. Can you use your 'faculty pull' and get CAA to start participating in Winter Sports? I still think it's one of the best incentive to these kids for their grades and such. I miss it for my kiddo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how did I miss this post???
    love the documentation!

    ReplyDelete