Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Progress...

So I thought I would update you on the weight loss efforts...
and I do mean EFFORTS

In July I finally had enough! 
By September I had lost 20 my original goal
But then I thought 25 sounded better...

But biking season was over and I had about a million people ask me "how are you gonna keep it off?"
and that was the same question the voice inside my head kept asking me "how ARE you gonna keep it off?"

On top of my source of exercise being limited the garden and its bounty of healthy wonderful veggies had dried up...only producing potatoes...

I live in a house with two teenage boys who carb load everyday...every meal.
Carbs are clearly my enemy (bread in particular)
I was anxious but determined...

So I switched gears to running.  Back in high school I was a a runner and I've tried several times as an adult to get back into it but I always give up.

Running is not remotely as fun as biking but it is helping and I've been suprised at how all those miles on the bike seem to help me trasition to running...as I was running up a hill and wanted to quit I thought "this doesn't hurt as much as the La Center hill" ...and I'd keep going.

I have managed to keep the weight off and lose those additional 5 lbs :)

The problem I'm having with running is my sports bras are rubbing me raw under my boobs (think rope burn).  It is really painful and I don't know how to fix it now that the damage is done.  I've tried several different bras but they all rub when I run. 

What do I do?
I can't quit running...until biking season returns

grrrr

Frychik

No comments:

Post a Comment