Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year Observations

Happy 2011 to my few blog readers...

First of all, to the 4 of you who commented on Fridays blog...
Thank you!  Thank you for your words of encouragement, they were very much appreciated!

And thanks to each of you who take the time to read my nonsense.  I enjoy the process of blogging but there are times when I seriously consider stopping...

I have some observations to share with you today

I have ventured out to the stores a time or two and I have noticed a few things

1.  What goes on sale immediately after Christmas are storage containers....some large enough to pack your children up into if you choose.  What does this say about our society?
           a) We are a people who hoard uncontrollably
           b) We are just unbelievably tidy and have to put everything into large plastic containers
           c)  We just bought so much Christmas crap this year that we have to put it some where
           d) We are a fickle people who believe every ad that tells us that we just have to have ________
               and we buy it but then get home and have to stuff the old __________ somewhere to make          room for the new.

2.  The other items that are everywhere are exercise equipment, work out DVDs, Yoga mats, treadmills...  This is
         a) an acknowledgement that we are over indulgers...
         b) We are all on a hamster wheel. Eat during the holidays, make a New Years resolution to stop eating, diet, exercise, eat at holidays....
         c) We just need the next project to focus on or we wouldn't know what to do with ourselves...
        
3.  Valentines Day CRAP - sorry if that seems rude.  It's not that I don't like romance, flowers, chocolate a nice date with my hubby, because I do.  But I cannot stand how VDay invades the stores the second Christmas is over.  Christmas is just too much.  It's intense, its focused, its overwhelming and frankly when it's over I just need a break.  I don't want to see anymore red, I just want life to go on in a normal fashion....and those cheesy stuffed bears with the I heart you written across their tummys just make me want to scream...

4.  I need a vacation away from this place...

5.  People are shopping in their jammies???????????? Not cool people! If you are going out into public Please get dressed first!

6.  The constant bell ringing has stopped!  Thank goodness!!!!

7.  Swimsuits are on sale at Costco....this is to encourage you to buy the treadmills...

8.  I also noticed at Costco today that a platter of Christmas cookies that last week was selling for $16.99 were marked down to $9.99...amazing what a difference a week can make...

So these are my observations for the now...
I have to go do laundry...
I hate laundry....

Today Josh goes back to school I don't have class until Tue and Ty doesn't start until Tue.  Jeff is home...So poor Josh is the only one headed out the door.  Little brother is definitely milking this one!  Big brother is not amused... 

Thanks for reading my rambling...
I hope you have an awesome day!

Frychik

2 comments:

  1. I love your ramblings and I hope you don't stop. I may not comment all the time but I do read and appreciate what you write each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Franna said! Keep Blogging!!

    ReplyDelete