Monday, January 31, 2011

Shopping with a man

I have many, many reasons for choosing Jeff as my husband...



He makes me laugh....
He's handsome
He has soft hands...:)
He cooks...

He also, in the beginning, was patient with me when we went shopping...
Granted he has it easy since I'm not a big shopper...
However, whenever I was on a mission for something he never complained...

He has been slipping in that area lately...
I guess because he's out of practice...

We've walked into a store and within 10 min he's moaning that he's...
tired
has a headache
is hungry...

Yesterday we went shopping...
For him...
mostly...

We picked out a new suit and sports jacket, shoes, ties, shirt...
He's gonna look sharp at that interview on Friday...

Then it was my turn to find something to wear for Friday night dinner with the perspective employers...
Have I mentioned this stresses me out?

I don't know where they are taking us out to eat...
I do know it's in Portland somewhere...
So dressy...
but not too dressy...

Ugh! This stresses me out...

Here are some observations I made today while I was shopping...
 1.  I really, really hate people who wear size 0-6
2.  People who wear size 0-6 need to go shopping more because ALL the clothes I like come only in those sizes
3.  I will NEVER be a 0-6
4.  My husband is clueless that a jacket is part of an outfit
5.  My husband can reduce me to tears without trying at all...(I was really crying because I wasn't a size 2)
6.  Somebody needs to replace the mirrors used in the dressing rooms.  Clearly they are stocked with the ones from the fair that make you look fat.
7.  Someone also needs to fix the lighting in the dressing rooms....really! Clearly men are in charge in that dept...
8.  If your husband asks you if what your wearing is "comfortable" clearly its looking too tight...
9.  If your husband just stares at you and then asks "what do you think" you should walk away
10.  If your husband asks how much it is, he doesn't like it...
11.  If he doesn't ask how much it is and says he likes it, you've hit pay dirt!
10.  If you husband has the patience to stick with you as you plow through the piles of clothes and wander the miles of shopping isles you've got a keeper! :) 

So Jeff was wildly successful and I was only partially successful...
It is his big day and I'm really trying not to make it about me...
But they did invite me to dinner...
so it is a little about me...
right??

It's gonna be a long week!

Frychik

2 comments:

  1. Great post Shelly - I had to laugh. I hate to shop for all of those reasons and more. Your observations about what the comments really mean were great. I'm sure you will both look stunning!

    ReplyDelete