Friday, August 27, 2010

Green Tomatoes.....

These are last years tomatoes....actually only some of them...there were a lot more than this...

They tasted so amazing! I loved wandering out to the garden to pluck a juicy warm tomato off the vine and then make a tomato sandwich....

My mouth is watering.... So if you began this blog with me you will remember my early angst about whether or not I should plant a garden. The combination of a cold, wet, wet, did I say wet?! spring and the dilemma over our possible move to Florida kept me from planting my garden.


Normally I would plant around Mother's Day. When I finally got around to planting my miniature garden it was July. I didn't plant any seeds figuring there was no way they would have time to grow before frost. I also hunted for large starts to give my garden a head start...
Apparently the head start wasn't enough.....It is now the end of August. At this time last year we had baskets full of gorgeous ripe tomatoes (the first picture). Enough to share. More than we knew what to do with!


There is that potential in my garden....lots of tomatoes but they just won't redden up!




Well, these are kinda red...



Oh, wait! There's one! Oh, so close...



But here's something I'm very happy about! I have a massive pumpkin plant that has runners 9 feet long but only two pumpkins to show for it. But I'm very excited about those two pumpkins! I'm rooting for them. I'm babying them. I'm talking with them. They better not let me down!


We have peppers as well! They are little, but its ok that they are green!




And then I have these gorgeous baby pumpkins! The plant is loaded! Makes me so happy! Love my baby pumpkins!



Every year of my garden I plant sunflowers...they make me happy



Except this year...I didn't plant a one...



But that didn't matter to them....they stilled showed up :) Why can't tomatoes be like that???




Wish I could share some tomatoes with you...


Frychik











No comments:

Post a Comment