Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Solo - Part III

You know it was a busy weekend when it takes you three blogs to share it. I'll finish today I promise...


After I was done exploring "Goose Poop Park" I drove across the Bridge of the Gods (cool name!) If you don't know, Indian lore says that the two mountains on either side of the Columbia got into a fight and threw rocks at each other creating a bridge...this is what I remember being told as a kid...I notice the bridge is made out of metal....




I drove home to let the cat in and turn on all the lights before driving over to Shannon and Galen's house to watch Invictus. I was happy to have an invite because the idea of being home alone for the evening didn't sound fun... But I really didn't want to come home to an empty house. So I let the "guard cat" in :) and turned on the lights and locked all the doors and then headed out for movie night at the Drakes...




I got home around 11:30 and had the whole do I take an ambien or not dilemma but then decided to tough it out. I woke up at 1:30 and thought oh no, here we go, but then the next thing I remember was the "guard cat" meowing at 5:30 am so it went well...




Sunday morning I had plans to do a bike ride in Portland with my Mom. I was really looking forward to this. But not only did my man take my boys and my dog away for the weekend he also took my Tahoe....so I had to take my bike apart and cram it into his trunk. This involved a blanket, a bungee cord, two emergency stops along the way and then having to reassemble the bike when I arrived in Portland...




I'm the first to admit that I am a kept woman and I enjoy it! I was mildly surprised that I was able to pull it off since I don't usually have to... The ride was so fun I did it twice. I love riding through old Portland neighborhoods with their fabulous houses and yards. I loved doing the bike ride with my Mom. I can't wait for the next one...




So even though I wasn't alone the entire weekend I still think of it as a weekend alone...






Here is what I learned:



  1. As often as I have craved some "alone time" I realize what I really want is an hour or two of uninterrupted reading time. But if I want someone around I want them at my beck and call!


  2. It's one thing if your husband is gone for the night, its another if your husband plus the kids are gone for the night but its a whole new level of alone when they take the dog too!


  3. I can handle it when an emergency blinky light comes on in the car and I don't have cell service or my husband near by


  4. I can cram a bike in the trunk and close it with a bungee cord (even if it did take 3 tries)


  5. I much prefer to be the one who does the leaving...



No comments:

Post a Comment