Monday, August 16, 2010

Solo

So, I will begin today's post with complaining about technical problems. I can't always (usually) get my blog to do what I want. I have ideas in my head about how I want things to go. It's frustrating when I can't get it to work but it's really frustrating when I make a mistake and I can't fix it. Today I wanted to begin my post with a picture of my three Fry guys and my dog leaving me on their adventure for the weekend but instead I guess we will begin with her.... This weekend my guys took my dog and left me for a guys weekend with Grandpa, backpacking in the wilderness..Which means I was left at home ALONE. Well, except for my cat Ella (wish I could stick a pic of her in here now) Anyway she's not very comforting when things go bump in the night...she freaks out more than I do...

I was initially excited about my free time. I had plans with a friend on Sat and my Mom on Sunday so I would keep busy...But I couldn't find anyone to go with me to see Eat, Pray, Love. It was spur of the moment as usual. I had read the book and really enjoyed it. I'm always curious to see the movie after I've read the book, never, ever the other way around!

The movie ironically has to do with Elizabeth Gilbert and her quest to find herself which means she is ALONE. So I guess it was appropriate that I was alone in the movie...But I just ended up feeling lonely....

I considered taking some Ambien to make sure I slept through the night and didn't wake up in the middle of the night and freak myself out but then I decided that if I did need to wake up and defend myself I didn't want to be drugged up (I'm a wimp I know! But I'm never, ever home by myself at night!!)
I ended up not taking any drugs and slept through the night just fine :)

I was up and at'em in the morning and picked up Shannon at 8:30 so we could get to our 9am reservation at Mother's ( I took a picture there, wish I could put it here now) Delicious!
Then we headed to the PSU Farmer's Market. It was packed! It took us a while to figure out why there were so many people there all dressed up.....then we saw the graduation gowns...The lady at the top of my blog was in the crowd looking towards the grads marching in, she was there supporting someone on their accomplishment...I think I'll dress like that at my son's graduation this year...he'll love it!


As we wandered around PSU we came across this...I don't know who came up with the football players uniform but I would like to thank them....


I would also like to thank these guys for posing so nicely for the camera!
There is much more about my adventures this weekend. But alas I have to go to work today so stay tuned for tomorrows installment....











1 comment:

  1. okay.. you need my help.
    call me so we can get together and I will show you some tricks to making your blog the way that you would like it to be.

    ReplyDelete