Monday, September 6, 2010

Birthday marathon!

Ok, I will be honest with you. I LOVE attention! Shocking I know....

I especially crave it on my birthday and some birthdays have gone by too quietly for my needs but not this one...

Part of my problem is that I am the jelly in a birthday sandwich... If you remember Ty's birthday was last Sunday.... Also, I married a man who's birthday is the day after mine. Which is fun but also, honestly, takes some of the attention from me...

But it seems we struck a nice balance this year :)

My birthday began with my husband getting up extra early to make a Starbucks run and deliver me a Chai as I woke up....so sweet! He followed that with my gift of a Nikon Cool Pixs. Its so cute!~ Smaller than my phone! Now I just have to figure out how to use it ;)

Sadly, I don't have any pictures of my day at school. I was sung to several times. Jill baked and delivered yellow cupcakes with chocolate frosting!!!!!! I really wish I had taken a picture of the cupcakes but I was too busy eating the cupcake! Thanks Jill! And thanks for reading my blog so you knew exactly what type of cupcake to make! ;)
My students were so sweet with lots of happy birthdays

My hubby beat me home on Friday which was a really nice surprise in itself but when he told me he would do the Friday cleaning I about fainted....Dreams do come true! ;)


This worked out well because I needed to run an errand for his birthday surprise. More on that later....


Friday evening was Youth Ignite and while I was there my lovely friend Judy gave me a beautiful apron....


A beautiful apron that she made herself! I can't tell you how much I cherish this apron! I'm in awe of her gift of time and beautiful work! Thanks Judy I love it!

My lovely friend Cindy left a money tree at the door...given our current job situation I thought it was hilariously appropriate and I am really hoping it works!!

My Mother-in-law left a gorgeous flower arrangement on my doorstep as well! I realize the pictures are overexposed because I haven't figured out how to turn the flash off of my new camera... I'm slow that way...

Facebook is amazing on your birthday! I was shocked at the people, many former students, who sent birthday greetings...it got to be a contest between Jeff and I to see who would get the most...Thanks former students you put me in the winners column by a mile!
It was a happy birthday. My mom had taken me to lunch on Wed and given me a B&N card, my boss gave me a SB card. Many friends and family sent cards. This was a great day to feel loved. Thank you all.
I know I'm over the top needy and I really do apologize....
Wishing you all the happiest of birthdays! Especially you Mom! Her birthday is on the 8th...
Frychik








No comments:

Post a Comment